• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Im new here .....

Hi everyone ,

Just wanted to take a few miniutes and tell you my story ( and it goes back many years ) . About 10 yrs ago i was admitted to the ICU for what they said was sepsis was there for a week and sent home , never really felt right after that . About a yr ago I started having severe abdominal pains with vomiting and diahrea . Then came the weight loss . in jaunary of this yr I was down to about 70 pounds ( im only 90 to start with ) so with my family in tow I went to the emergency room . after lots of bloodwork and ct scans it was determined i had a questionable spot on my intestine . So against my docotors wishes i went home and promised to follow up first thing in the am with a GI . I did as promised and he saw me first thing that morning . After looking at my scans and seeing what I looked like he told me he wanted me to admit myself to the hospital . I did as I was told went home packed my bags and returned . the follwing days were a whirlwind of doctors . I was given a picc line and placed on tpn and after a week was allowed to go home with the understanding that I would have to have surgery but not untill I had gained some weight. while home I was on the tpn and had nurses coming twice a week to clean my lines and draw blood . after a month I had gained enough weight to have my surgery . So on march 17th 2014 I had my resection . They took roughly 18 inces of small bowel plus the appendix and was given a diagnosis of crohs disease . Three months later I am doing great and have gained 30 pounds . I would do this surgery again in a heartbeat if its needed , and I am thankfull everyday for amazing doctors and family support .

Megan

Welcome!
I'm sorry you had to go through so much but glad you are doing well now. There is a surgery subforum if you want to talk to others who have had surgery as well.

Thanks for the replys and kind words . I to am very happy to be doing so well, there was a point in time I didnt think id make it to the the next day . I will also check out some of the other groups . thanks for the tip .

Megan