• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm New to Crohn's

Hello I am Cody, I am 34 yrs old, and I was diagnosed with Crohn's about 3 weeks ago. I was experiencing terrible abdominal pain for about 2 months and had made about 10 ER trips and trips to my GP before a colonoscopy finally diagnosed me. I was put on Asacol 800mg 2 pills 3 x a day. I have noticed a slight decrease in belly pain but still hurt every day. I struggle to sleep and overall am very anxious and confused about my disease. I see a GI Doc in about 3 weeks and until then I just hope to feel a little better every day.

Tony H

Hi Cody welcome to the forum , the asacol usually take a few weeks to help with your symptoms , the GI doc will probably put you on steroids to control your flare and they will if prescribed work very quickly , hope you feel better soon , and dont be afraid to ask any questions on the forum , there are a lot of very helpful people on here who will give you great advice and support .

I appreciate the response. I will have a lot of questions but I want to gather myself a little before I start firing them.

Hi Cody

Sorry you had to join this forum. But you will feel lot better just by reading success stories here. I don't know much about Asacol so I can't comment on it. Just wanted to say hope you feel better soon. The beginning is always the toughest, slowly it will get easier and you will get the hang of it. Stay strong, my friend :)

Aarthi