• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm newly diagnosed case and medical mbbs student

hi.... i'm newly diagnosed case of crohns. I'm 21 years old medical student. I wanna to know something about eatables on crohns. sometimes i got intestine upset after eating certain foods. So help me.

nogutsnoglory

Welcome to the forum and sorry about your diagnosis. There is no IBD diet, what might work for me may be terrible for you. There are some common foods people with IBD find are better avoided but it truly is trial and error.

The common offenders are dairy, nuts, seeds, skins of fruit and veg, fried foods.

thnx.... sometimes i got nervous about my disease and moreover i'm a medical student. can u help me how to be happy with crohns?
and sometimes i couldn't study as thinking about my problem.

Like you, I just got diagonosed...just a few weeks ago. Do you have symptoms? I'm trying to read all I can about this....It can quite overwhelming and depressing, but I'm trying to be optimistic.

Hi tragichamlet....
Ya i had been showing symptoms since 3 years. My symptoms were sudden in onset. That time i had following symptoms-
abdominal pain, loose motions, greasy stools, pain in abdomen after meals and urgency to go to washroom, undigested foodq particles were also occasionly present in stools, flatulences, itching on perianal area, burning sensations in lower half of abdomen, recurrent oral ulcers etc.
Now i'm taking pentasa. and feeling some relief.
What are your symptoms? and what medicine you are taking?

I am not taking any medicine, and I have no symptoms. I just got diagnosed this month as a result of an elective colonoscopy. My mom had rectal cancer in her late 40s so I scheduled myself for a colonscopy thinking my results would be normal. I was very surprised when the doctor told me I had scattered areas that had superficial inflammation and ulceration. He told me I had Crohn's Colitis. I was shocked becuase I have no symptoms. I googled it and read about it. Are you in pain now? Does that medication help with the pain? I can understand that you are nervous. i am too. I am scared, but I try very hard not to focus on it, and then I read about all these people who live with it and manage it, and i always think things could be much worse.

I hope it doesn't interfere with your goal to finish medical school.

I'm scared because I've read some of the experiences people have....and I started getting depressed, but I started trying to be grateful for what I don't have....like at least I wasn't told i had cancer or was terminal....

sorry to hear about your mother.
Why your doc hadn't give you any medicine?
Pentasa tab decreases risk of colonic cancer by 85% in crohns disease.
and about my pain, sometimes excerbation of disease disable me to do anything.
I wanna to advise you that you must aware about your eatables whatever you eat.