• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm ready to give up...

I'm just at a point where I've been told I'm out of options. I have been on almost every drug and had an allergic reaction, was told after being admitted to the hospital that surgery isn't a good option because my case is so "stubborn" that it would come right back. I just feel like I'm trapped on this ride and I want to get off of it.
I really feel like I'm out of options and will just be stuck like this forever.
:wine:

I know exactly how you feel because, at times, I feel the same way. I've struggled with mental health issues my whole life, pulled everything together, but now feel as if I'm coming unhinged. I'm focusing on what I can control at this point... and nothing else. I wish you all the best and want you to know that there are a lot of us feeling the same way you are.

Hi! I definitely can relate to how you are feeling! I've tried a lot of treatments and am now having a stem cell transplant because until now nothing has really worked - or not well enough. I'm very much hoping that these newer treatments come through quickly and give us more options. I'm very much holding onto hope too...though I feel lucky to be having the stem cell transplant, it's not a permanent solution. :ghug:

Thank you both so much. I just needed someone to tell me I'm not alone and it will get better.

Where are you getting the stem cell transplant done? That was one of the things the hospital GI suggested but he had no clue how to go about it or who to contact.

I'm in the UK but the original autologous stem cell transplant trial and the more recent allogenic one were done in the US at Northwestern in Chicago. There have been and still are trials happening at other centres in the US but I don't know about the possibility of having it outside of a trial - which is what I'm doing.

The US trials that are currently recruiting that I can see on ClinicalTrials.gov are
1) at UCLA ages 18-70
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01932658?term=crohn's+stem+cell+transplant&rank=5
2) pediatric to young adult in Pittsburgh (ages 5-25)
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00692939?term=crohn's+stem+cell+transplant&rank=2

They list the criteria for inclusion and if you're interested it sounds like it would be well worth contacting them.

If there's anything you'd like to ask me I'm happy to answer too :)