• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm sorry . . . I'm a flake now

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
I just want to you give you all a virtual hug and apology. I have had a hard and tiring time these past two months. We still haven't heard about Scott's status with his work, so that stress still hangs over us. I have been a terrible member of this forum, and an even worse forum monitor. I think things will ease up a little later on. I am thinking about you, my dear crohnies. I miss you. Life here in AK is crazy for me. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, September 26th. I took the day off from work. I plan on resting up some too. I hope you all are well, or on the way to feeling better. Hugs! :ghug:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Andi!!!

I've been thinking about you hun and wondering how you have been getting on since school started back. I'm so sorry to hear that you have heard nothing about Scott's status, you guys just don't need the waiting and wondering on top of everything else. :(

Oh Andi, please don't apologise for not being around hun. There are always very good reasons why people come and go, we all hope that the absences mean that times are good but more often than not they aren't, ay? I hope your appointment goes well mate and I will be thinking about you! :hug:

I hope your babies are doing well Andi, give them a big hug and kiss from me...:kiss:

Miss ya mate but looking after yourself is far more important. :heart:

Much love, :ghug:
Dusty. xxxxxxxx

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hope things settle for you Andi! We'll all be here when you get back:) No one thinks you're a bad member or monitor!!

HI Andi, I am sorry you don't know about scott's job status. and don't you dare apologize about anything i think you are wonderful. And a great forum monitor. You can't help being sick. You crohnies will always be here for you in any way shape or form. just hang in there hopefully things will clear up soon and you can get back to some normalization in your life. best wishes:hang:

What's going on in your life is obviously more important, hoping that everything works out for you. We will be here when you need us! Don't worry!!

:rosette1:

Andi, no guilt trips needed! We all go through rough times where we back off a bit. Not knowing about your job or a spouses job is a rough time, in my opinion! We love you if you type 1,000 lines or none! Wish I could help you in some tangible way, hon. All I can do is offer an ear.
:hug:

ameslouise

Don't you worry about us, Andi! Take care of yourself and your health.

Good luck - hope things settle down for you and your family very soon.

xo - Ames

Jessi

Andi, I am so glad you checked in! You have been heavy on my mind - especially last night just before I logged off. Strange. You must have sensed it. :D

No worries about the forum, sweetie, just as long as we know you're still with us in heart. I really miss you. What a good friend you are to everybody. But right now, you just focus on your life at school and your good husband. Everything will work out in the end. You are too good of a person to not be blessed.

Take care of you, darlin'!

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Andi, we missed you! Glad you popped back in to say hi, and please take care of yourself first! I understand completely about job stresses, my dad works for the post office and as I'm sure you've heard they're going to close a lot of post offices soon, very possibly the one my dad works at. It is really stressful when a loved one is in job limbo. Hang in there and take care of yourself!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Take care of yourself and family, Andi! Don't worry about us. We've missed you, but we'll be right here waiting for you when things turn around. Hang in there!!!

LOSTnut

Poopy
Don't you worry about us, Andi! Take care of yourself and your health.

Good luck - hope things settle down for you and your family very soon.

xo - Ames
YEAH, what Ames said!!!!

P.S. I missed what is going on with Scott's job but I hope it will all work out to your guys' benefit.

Lotsa hugs and love!

Honey! Don't worry about us. We'll be here when you need us. Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate, don't let worrying about this forum add to that! Take care of yourself so you can be here for us once things have calmed down.

I'll be thinking of you.

I've been pretty MIA too. The way I see it, this forum isn't a job. It's a place to go to feel and give comfort. We are all here as much as we can be/ need to be. I'm sorry things are hard right now, but they will get better. We all have your back!

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Aw! Geez!!! I started tearing up because of all the kind and thoughtful responses. It has been very hard on me. Scott is beyond stressed out. He has been pushing me away. This is really hurting me. I've confronted him about it yesterday, and he mentioned that he is worried that any day now, he may hear that he doesn't have a job. He also told me that he doesn't feel like accidentally hurting me with his comments during this time of stress. I told him that I am going through the same thing, but I realize that it is beyond my control. I have learned to accept what will happen come what may. It may not be what we would like, but we'll have to deal with whatever the decision is.

I used to be very active in my faith and I am wanting to return to that. It is very hard on me because Scott is an inactive member. I have to try to manage two active toddlers during the Sacrament Meeting. It probably didn't help that I told Scott that he's been asking God for a lot of favors lately, and maybe it's time that he puts forth some effort on his part. I don't want to guilt him, but lately he is blocking everything out. He is good with the kids, but he isn't really talking to me; he avoids family functions; and he's glued to his football games. He has also been avoiding his mom. He hasn't called her in a while.

My parents are being somewhat supportive. Randy, my brother, is really being a jerk. He has sensed what is going on. I won't share much with him lately, because he's the king of overreacting. He's already threatening to confront Scott and I haven't told him a thing. Enough is enough!!!

I'm at work, but I feel yucky. Something didn't agree with me. I was so tempted to call in a substitute, but I'm starting to feel better. I got my flu shot yesterday, so my arm is good and sore. Hopefully, it will keep me safe this flu season.

Thank you again for listening to me and for showing such kindness and support. I will keep you updated when we find something out.

Life is sometimes just strange. Andi, I went to a motivational seminar last month and one of the speakers talked about how we have to take action and God will then know we are ready to receive. I have been thinking on this for a while now and your post cemented it into place, thank you.

I hope all gets better soon.
Hugs,
Wendy

Jessi

Andi, I understand better than a lot of people how hard it is to sit with the kids in Sacrament Meeting by myself. My husband has had seizures EVERY SINGLE weekend for the last several years, so he's missed quite a bit of church. Now that he's been over 4 months without a single seizure, he just let his habit take over. He has only come with the family a handful of times recently. Me and 5 kids at church. It's hard, but it's how my husband has slowly started to come around. Mostly, though, I go for me. Selfish? Maybe. But I really need that spiritual upliftment. General Conference is this weekend, so maybe my husband will participate this time.

I hope you get feeling better soon, and that things work out for you both. You and your husband have a good relationship. We all have rough patches. Stay strong. :hug:

If worse comes to worse, and hubby loses his job - heaven forbid - then at least you could consider bringing your family back to Ogden. :D Just kidding!

Miss you, girl! Take care.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Stress can really put a toll on a relationship. My husband has been stressed out with work being a very busy time of year, and he comes home very tired and quiet. Of course, he can be short tempered, too. And goodness knows when I am stressed, I take it out on my poor husband. But, that is life. There will be stressful times no matter how hard we try to avoid them. We just need to do our best to stick it through and try not to kill our loved ones! Things will get better, Andi. Hang in there!

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Thank you! It is a very stressful time, but I know, "This too shall pass." I am very surprised that my CD is behaving somewhat. Knock on wood, and I thank the Lord. I guess I'm meant to pull my weight and carry my share of the burden. LOL! Oh, the inner drama queen in me comes out!