• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm the new gal.

Hey, I'm Claire, I'm 27 and was diagnosed 3 years ago after about 2 years of symptoms such as general stomach pain and tenderness, irregular 'all or nothing' bowel movements, fatigue, depression, weight gains and losses, anal fissures and passing blood. Was passed abou, wrongly diagnosed with IBS, then some spasmodic issue, and finally was diagnosed after colonoscopy with biopsies showed a fair amount of disease at my terminal ileum. I was put onpprednisone, then azathioprine and went into remission. My son was ill and I missed a few gastro clinics, stopped my meds and was okay so stupidly thought I was miraculously cured! Have now been having flares for the last 6 months and was taken into hospital again last week. Inflammation markers in bloods were through the roof, pain was terrible and was in for about a week. Back on prednisone and have a chest infection and just had a vile stomach bug, both within 2 days of coming home! So with no immune system to speak of, a bad flare ongoing and an endoscopy and colonoscopy set up I shall see what happens next. Really unhappy on prednisone but know it's worth it, can't believe I let myself get so lax and put myself in this position. Grrrrrrr. Anyways, hi, thanks for reading, and talk soon! Xxx

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi Claire and welcome.

Sorry to hear you're out of remission. I hope things improve quickly.

Sending you my support.

Hi Claire, sorry you are having troubles. Has your GI now discussed any long term medication plans with you? Azathioprine again or given your current problems a switch to biologics or combination theory?

Claire, dont think about the time it took to get to this point. My daughters GI always says that Crohns is very tough to explain esoecially to the age group it typically affects. He always hard to break news to an 18-25 yr old that they have Crohns. Just move forward and determine with your dr the treatment options. By seeing my daughter in such pain, I have put aside my fears of all of the scary stuff they tell u abouside effects from meds, and just pray she can live pain free in the present!