• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Im tired of being alone and in pain

Hello everybody, my name is Dennis, Im from Stockton Ca, 21 and with a child of 4. I've been living with Crohns since 2010, well atleast when the painful beginning stages of the Crohn's began. I was undiagnosed for a long period of time before as things were beginning to change with my body, I was fresh out of High School and did not expect this to happen at all. As I began college I had already been working since 2009, the first thing that kicked in was this growing infection on my left buttock which lead to two surgeries and a couple drainings as well. I began experiencing these sharp pains in my abdomen followed by back pains that were really unbearable I began feeling tired for no apparent reason and the doctors could not come up with anything on why this was happening. After being hospitalized for a day they performed a colonscopy leading to the Diagnosis of Crohn's. Been feeling alone ever since, especially after being hospitalized a few times, I've hated doctors since I was a young child and now I've gone through a seperation, and after so many times of being told to join this site I have at last decided to. Anyone out there?

Hi there! You are so not alone. Even though it might feel that way. This is a really super site with lots of personal experiences and support. Lots of us CD UC IBD people.
Hope today finds you doing a bit better. I know it can be tough. I can't stand the tiredness and notice it much more when CD is brewing up some chaos. Have you had your b12 checked?

Much peace. Take care

Hey, your 21?. I feel alone a lot....do you have a few GOOD friends you can talk with? That is what I have. two not a huge amount, but enough to vent to. This is frustrating, and makes me angry, so when I can go to one of them. I don't feel so alone. And joining a few forums. lets you see, your def not alone. I have been living with this for over ten years. Crohn's sucks. And everyone may be different in how it affects them. But like you said, doctors don't always listen as good as they should, so if you can get one to actually listen and hear what your needs are. and perform tests that help you. Then that person is a keeper. and fight to keep him.her.
like she said, check your b12, can't hurt. I have chronic fatigue from CD. So it is a balancing act. I take many different diet supplements to offset the foods that would normally provide them. Even if you can't eat a steak you can take iron etc... Before taking crap loads of pills, I would evaluate your diet. what goes in does not always work for your body. Everyone is different. I can drink milk. most cannot. A nutrionist that has experience with crohn's and related bowel issues can help. Like boosting positive bacteria in your intestines. well you get it. your not alone dude. I'm an ex Marine and I have it. Anyone can get it. head up, and chin up! you can do it.
AJ Zumbrota, MN.

Dennis buddy,,, don't even think of giving in. At 21 you have the ability to recover very quickly because you are TWENTY ONE! Start by changing your diet..Period. Don't wait two years like I did. You have a problem with your gut so give you gut stuff that's good for it.
I am a believer in one step at a time, so don't try to change everything in the first week. Think about your diet. You know what you should not eat or at least what does not like you so much, so eliminate what ever that is first. Search this site first for ideas on diet. There are lots of options out there. Hang in there man and see if you can't get some really good food in you. It's a start, and that is what you need right now. A start in a new direction.
Let us know what is happening.
Kurt

This is a great site! I have been living with crohns for about 15 years and just started engaging here a week ago after a couple trips to the hospital . It's a shitty disease (that had to make you at least crack a smile). There is a lot of good info out there on living and dealing with the disease. It gets better and some times a little worse, but you figure out the diet and habits that keep it in check overtime. I try to laugh about my situation as often as possible because sometimes that's only way to deal with having to rate gas station bathrooms. Find some people you can talk to about it and make sure you find a DR you can really engage with to answer questions. Praying for you to feel better.

Hey I want to thank everybody for all of your support, I am already beggining to feel better. At first I was such an emotional wreck I did not understand what was going on with me mentally or physically. I'm doing my best in hanging i. There I have counseling thay I have with my psychologist as well as with myself. i currently have no good friends that are really close to me, they all began changing when my daughter was born and especially afyer being diagnosed.