• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm tired of drinking water!

As a recent diagnosis with Crohn's disease (specifically Crohn's colitis), I am growing tired of drinking water all the time. What other drinks can you guys suggest....and yes I'm currently going through a flare and am lactose intolerant. I used to be an avid coffee drinker too and it completely bums me that it's a big no no. So any suggestions for hot drinks are good too. Thank you

Bone broth might be nice. It’s soothing and loaded with protein. It is my go to when my appetite is poor.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
For hot drinks, I like caffeine-free herbal tea. I like ginger tea as that helps with nausea. Peppermint tea is good if you don't have GERD/acid reflux (peppermint is contraindicated for GERD, as it can relax the valve between the stomach & esophagus, allowing more refluxate to come up). I also drink a lot of chamomile tea.

For the lactose intolerance, have you tried anything like almond milk or cashew milk? I like both of those, they're creamier and taste nicer (in my opinion anyway) than soy milk.

For hot drinks, I like caffeine-free herbal tea. I like ginger tea as that helps with nausea. Peppermint tea is good if you don't have GERD/acid reflux (peppermint is contraindicated for GERD, as it can relax the valve between the stomach & esophagus, allowing more refluxate to come up). I also drink a lot of chamomile tea.

For the lactose intolerance, have you tried anything like almond milk or cashew milk? I like both of those, they're creamier and taste nicer (in my opinion anyway) than soy milk.
Thank you!!! I really appreciate it

cmack

Staff member
You could have some nice, warm, organic chicken broth, It seems to be okay for me. I sometimes have tomato juice as well. Try a small amount at first because it doesn't agree with everybody.