• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Imuran question--more flare or common cold?

I've been on low-dose 50 mg Imuran now for four weeks and only two days completely off a prednisone taper. I feel sick as a dog. How do I determine if this is just part of the UC flare that started months ago or if I have some sort of flu/common cold?

I've got nausea, sinus-type headache, diarrhea, and low-grade fever. I had this before starting pred. and then later the aza, but don't remember if it was this bad.

Going on day 3 and feeling a little better. I guess I just have some sort of bug.
Extreme nausea and stomach cramps waking me out of a dead sleep had me concerned about pancreatitis, but I am doing better now. Fingers crossed!

Nope... got worse. Apparently it was pancreatitis slowly creeping in. Well, Imuran is now off the table. On to Remicade!

I had blood work done that showed elevated lipase, but just the beginnings of pancreatitis. Five days off of Imuran, I am much MUCH better.

What really sucks is the Imuran was actually working on my UC. I'm really bummed out....

I know exactly how you feel, pancreantitis really really sucks!! Keep your chin up maybe the remicade will work wonders for you!

When I had pancreantitis the ER docs flat out said "no you can't have that" a new doc came in when they said your blood work shows pancreantits. At least its a quick fix and not more stuff to deal with, just takes a med off the table.

I had blood work done that showed elevated lipase, but just the beginnings of pancreatitis. Five days off of Imuran, I am much MUCH better.

What really sucks is the Imuran was actually working on my UC. I'm really bummed out....
When i was on imuran it slowly started to get the CD under reasonable control
but as that happened the side affects slowly got worse as well.(Severe fatigue,thumping headaches,flu,vomiting).My WBC was below the safe level as well so i had to stop taking it.I moved over to 6mp & went through all the same problems but the tiredness just knocked me out.