• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

In ER with Blood from Stoma

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
Talking about the ER, this morning I woke up and had blood come out of my colon and I have a ostomy bag, this should not happen, so I'm in the ER right now and they are going to take a CT and see whats up. I HATE IT. It's been 5 months to the day I had my resection and I think I have a fustla from my sergory wound to my colon, we'll find out. They are moving very fast because last time I came in I was septic and it was Bad. I'll let you know more later, please pray for me. I just found out that I had crohns last Nov 10 when they tryed to take my apendix out and found the crohns, the only systoms I had was the big D, that I had for over 15 years and the Dr. said it was IBS, so they did a resection and 5 days later I went septic. Lets hope it's not to bad this time. I have been doing well up until now.

Pops

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
Thanks Terrienut for everything. I wish I would have have this Forum going on last Nov. This takes the edge off of everything talking real time with someone like this. I'll re-pay you some how some day. Thanks for the prayers. Battery getting low on laptop so I'm going to shutdown till I find out more. My wife can bring the cord latter if they admit me. Thanks again.
Pops

Terriernut

Good luck Jim!!!! No repayment necessary, I just ask you pass on by helping others. Yes, this forum saved me too. Thank goodness for it.

Please do keep us updated on how you are doing, and no, you're not alone!
:hug:

:hug:Thinking of you jim.

Hope they find out quick what is going on and help you real fast.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
Well, Thank you everyone for all the post and concerns that you all have. I got the resalts back from the CT and my Colon-rectal serg. was athe same hospital I was at today giving a preintation. (he is the best of the best in California) anyway he went over everything and said that I have a very small absess 1cm that was old, 3 months ago it was over 6cm and they treated it with anitobotics. As far as where the blood is coming from he said that there is a small area near where they resectioned that had inflamation on my last CT 3 months ago and he feels it is coming from that. I thought that I had a fislua from my abdomanal wound that still keeps opeing up and closing but it is so small you can hardly see it but it goes 2cm deep. He said NOT a fislua. They were going to admet me but he said no reason to do so. all my blood work was very good and all of the test were good. CT didn't show a fislua and he thinks I'm having a small flair where the inflamation was 2 CT's ago. He said go home and he will see me in his office on Friday and do a sigostomy or what ever. He also said he feels comfratable for me to go home, don't worry and he can take the damaged area out when he does my take down in about 2-3 months. GOOD NEWS. Really what we all want is peace of mind and to feel good. The funy thing about me is I almost always feel preatty good, never had blood in my stool before, just the D and pain. going home, battery getting low, talk to you when I get home, thanks again. I love ya all. Pops

Thanks for the update Pops.

So glad its nothing really really bad. Good you have an appointment for Friday with your gi.

Hope you get some good rest.

Let us know how you get on on Friday.

Xxxxxxxxxx

Pops-
I am sending healing thoughts and praye s your way. I am glad you were able to go home today! Take care of yourslef and allow your body to heal!
Post another update soon.
:ghug:
Lauren

Pops, that is great news! Hopefully you will not worry waiting for your appointment on Friday! It sounds like you have a great surgeon. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
thanks tots and coral,
I came home and had some plain rice for dinner last night because the night before when I got up to go to the BR my bag was full of water and I didn't get much sleep, BUT I forgot what plain rice does to me, it's like putting a cork in my stoma for about 10 hours, so I woke up in some discomfort, not real pain all night.
Thanks for following my post and responding, I really helps when you can talk to people that have a CLUE of whats going on in your mind at a time like that. Alot of people just blow it off like, "OOOOOOO OK" not knowing that crohns plays with your mind as much as it plays with you body, if you let it.
Thanks again and I'll talk to you all later. This is to chazz to, thanks. You all have a blessed day.

Mashed potato is a good favourite with me. No problems going in or coming out!

Hope you rest up and take it easy Pops.

Sending you lots of hugs
:hug::hug::hug:
Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
Ya, I've tryed that before with good resalts. I did rice one other time and forgot what it did, won't go there again until I get rid of the bag.
Hay, I got a question for you. Can you tell me how to request some one to be your friend on this forum? When I retired I STOPPED using ALL email and everything because I wante to take a step back in time where if someone wanted to see or talk to me they couls call or come over, well that lasted about 18 months. I want to start a list of friends on this fourm because yesterday proved that this site is a great help when you need you. Can you send me a friend request or do I sent one??????

I will send you one. If you click on someone screen name it will take you to their profile screen. From there you can leave messages and request friends.
Will do it now.
This forum is the best thing isn't it?!

Me too.
Don't know what I would do without all the lovely people on here
Have sent you a friend request

Terriernut

Thank you Shazz for helping. I was too busy at work again today to check emails.

POPS, you have a private message from yesterday in there from me too.
:rosette2:

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
You gal's are great, Thanks again. Now I have someone to complain to othere than my wife, she gest tired of hearing it because of having colitus for over 30 years. She thinks I'm a woossss. I just want to retire and go fish'n and stuff with out heart'n, thats not to much to ask for after working all my life. She was able to have her dream job of being a house wife and being with the kids and now grandkids. I think it's my turn now. Darn crohns. But she will listen to me anyway, bless her heart, 39 years together and it's still gett'n better each day.

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
Well the Dr office just called and canceled my appt on Friday, said the Dr had emer. sergury and they gave me a appt 2 weeks from now, I'm pissed off. How do they know if I can wait that long? I spent the whole day in the ER and they were going to admit me and mt Sergon called and said they don't need to. I guess he saw the CT or maybe he was onlt tod about it. 2 more weeks now that I will worry about things and if I ass blood again I'll freek out. It cost me $2,000 on Tuesday, if I have to go again. another 2 grand POP. I'm not rich. I have Insurance but it's not very good. My pention provider changed my insurance while I was in the hospital recovering from my septic sergory in Dev. 2011. I don't know what to do I'm pissed. I feel ok, just freeking out I guess

Terriernut

Hopefully they think you can wait, otherwise they wouldnt have put you back two weeks?

Do you have an IBD nurse by any chance? I was thinking that you might speak to her in the meantime to see if she can either move your appt up, or get you some more assistance. How about your GP? Has he/she seen a copy of the scan yet? Can they help for the time being as well??

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
calling them

I'm going to call the Dr. office today and talk to the nurse to see if or what she thinks. The gal that called to change the appt. was the staff front desk. This is the 2nd time they have canceled me since I called in about the same problum because the Dr, has an emer. I know he is the BEST in the San Francisco Bay Area, but I get canceled alot? I sure hope not. I don't mind the cancel but I would at least talk to the Dr. or someone that know what they are talk'n about that it's ok to wait. I think after my 3 hours on the net last night looking over "Discharge/dranage from the colon after getting a ilyostomy" That I'm not going to fall over any min. lol, I just need to watch for a fever and adomanl pain and what not. Being new at this sucks, if you jump the gun and go to the hospital without needing to it can cost you $2,000 like it did the other day. Man, when is USA going to get thier stuff together for Goverment health care. The last 3 years I've been out of pocket over $10,000 each year. That could but a very nice cabin in the woods for a great vacation spot, or even live there. I'm glad the cost of homes has dropped. Mine was worth $750,000 in 2007, now it's only around $135,000. I lost alot of money on paper, but I plan on deying at this house anyway. I love where I live, walking distance to the river and a creek goes through my back yard. But the UK is MUCH nicer that the USA as far as most things. Everything in the USA is under 240 years old, in the UK you have alot of History and I love the old homes and what not. Well, as you can see, I'm in a much better mood than last night, sorry to take so much of your time.
Your Friend Jim.

Hi Jim
Glad to see your mood has lifted. I hope & pray that you will get to see your doc soon & he can sort out your latest issues.

Terriernut

Hi Jim, glad you've calmed down. I think it sounds like you are in a wonderful place, and except for the health care, I'd trade you! Yes, I've lived in the UK for about 13 years or more (cant remember) Thank God we have health care here. And in Germany when I lived there as well.

:heart:

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
Thanks kip1 and terrienut, Ya I'm in a much better space now. I just got off the phone with my Dr. nurse and she is going to have him call me today after his emer. sergory to let me know whats going on.

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
Well GANG, Today I got to SEE my surgeon face to face, after him canceling out beause of Emer. sergery 3 times, anyway, I have had 2 more b/m's since I last talked to you from my colon, and yes it lookrd like there was some blood in it, but wouldn't you know it, last night before I went to bed I had one of them,3rd time in a month, I was scared to go to sleep, but I knew I was seing the Dr. at 11:00am today, so, I put a small part of the B/M in a old pill bottle and took it with me to the appt. Turns out, that if you have a TEMP ily there is 2 stomas, one for the stool and one you don't see that passes mucus, pus and sometimes blood. The Dr. told me that it is COMPLETLY NORMAL if you have a temp Ily that you will from time to time have some discharge from your colon and there is nothing to worry about. Not very day but every week or so is no BIG deal. Now, this suergon, as I have said before is 61 years old and one of the best in California, (just hard to see, lol) did not do the re-setion so I can't blame him for the $2,000 ER bill that I got when I went in, BUT the one that did the operation didn't warn me about this and I feel that it is very important that he tells ALL when he does a temp Ily. I have talk to him many times after the operation and we even had lunch together one time,SO, todat I called him and ask if he would like to go have a cup of tea or something and he couldn't but I did tell him this story. He is not a colon retal guy just a reg. serguon. He said that he was sorry and he will make sure that he tells everyone from now on, I also ask as a joke(not really but) if he wanted to pay the $2000.00 bill for me, he chuckeled but didn't say anything. We have made plans in the past to go out on my boat to do some off shore fishing and I said I will still take him, and I will forgive him THIS time. SO, in a nut shell, my visit went very well and we are starting to do the test needed so he can put me back together again later this summer. ALSO, my wound, after 5 months final is closed complety for the 1st time, now will it re-open again, only God know, but the Dr, said it looked real good. I'm in a real good space tonight and I hope and pray that ALL of you are also. You know, I didn't ask to get crohns right after I retired, but it happen and I will have to deal with it. At least I'm older than most so I won't have to suffer as long as most LOL, I hope.
God bless and Please let me know how you all are doing, and once again, THANK YOU for all your help and support.
Pops (Jim):ylol: