• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

In hospital right now

Was admitted Sunday. I've been dealing with crohns for 20+years. Two restrictions in that time. Had a colonoscopy 4 months ago which showed another restriction at the scar tissue from the lat surgery in 2007. Also had a MRI last Tuesday which showed the illium was all inflamed. I've went from 180lbs to 124lbs as of today. They have me on IV drips of antibiotics. The PA just left and said I have ileitis. Waiting on my doc to show up.

What kind of options could I be looking at? I don't want a colostomy bag and not sure if an option.

Hi superdad. Sorry to hear that you are in hospital. The docs will be the best people to outline your options. I just wanted to wish you all the best and hope that they can get this sorted for you. Please keep us updated.

Thanks. After all the test the docs say I have gastroenteritis. So I've been on antibiotics, fluids and a couple other meds. As far as the ileitis they want to treat it with a short perdisone stint but need to clear up the gastroenteritis first. They also want to do a colonoscopy but I first need to keep things down.

Thanks. After all the test the docs say I have gastroenteritis. So I've been on antibiotics, fluids and a couple other meds. As far as the ileitis they want to treat it with a short perdisone stint but need to clear up the gastroenteritis first. They also want to do a colonoscopy but I first need to keep things down.
Best to you