• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

In mild pain right now

Hello all, a long story short i was dx in 2005. I have been on Remicade since 2007 i have had few problems. I have developed a stricture in my small intestine and will probably need surgery soon.

Spooky1

hello fatjoe,

welcome to the forum. i have a larger stricture too. i try and convince myself its my best friend! i don't ever want any more surgery, so i know the pain. i tend to acknowledge it and 'feel' the pain and only take pain meds when absolutely necessary, like having to get out.

Good luck though, i hope its treatable rather than surgery.

Diane

HI Fatjoe, Welcome to the forum, Sorry about the stricture i know it must be difficult and all eating wise. Just stick to a low residue diet and smaller meals through out the day instead of having three big meals this should help with the stricture. i hope the medication works for and again nice to meet you. best wishes

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Most times when Remicade fails,surgery is the only option, if the strictures are there and Remicade is not working, having surgery is the best option. It is not as bad as everyone thinks, yeah there is pain after but bliss for many years later. When do you see your doctor again? :welcome:

Thank you all for you warm welcome. My next infusion is this coming Friday. hopefully I will try and get in to see my doc to discuss it.