• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

In remission, but Diarrhea Starting Again.. Help

Hi all,

I haven't been on here in a few months and yay, here I am again! I have been on Humira since 2011 with excellent results. I take weekly injections and it has killed all of the inflammation (as far as I know) and healed my fistula, which resulted in having my seton removed (the best day of my life besides my wedding lol).

Anyway, about a month ago I started noticing that I could not eat veggies or anything raw anymore again. I used to avoid all of those things like the plague but over the last 2 years my diet went back to being able to eat anything. My question is, is this normal and/or should I be worried? If I eat the "good" Crohn's food, my stools are normal usually. I am having diarrhea maybe 3 times per week or less.. It depends on the week. I am having 1-2 bowel movements a day every day and feel great. My concern is that I was only having softer stools about 1x per month and not multiple times per week. I'm sorry for the graphic information.

Has anyone else experienced this with TNF blockers like Remi or Humira? I don't want to panic and think the medication is wearing off if I'm just overreacting. I have had no fistulas since removing the drain in late April/early May and don't feel any swelling, etc.

I did read that eating cheese, bananas, peanut butter, and apple sauce can help thicken stool... Also, anyone else try these things? Since I'm normal more than I am having D I'm thinking it may help somewhat with those bad days.

Any info if appreciated and please feel free to be honest :tongue:

Thank you!
Vanessa

As abstract as this may seem try the sequential eating strategies available on the internet. There is a great article by Dr Bass on his website.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi Vanessa. I have to eat those things every day. I have a little more than 1m of intestine left. I need to do everything I can to slow out put.

Hi Vanessa! Yes, I eat all of the things you talked about and avoid raw veggies. It is working on my symptoms. My GI says learn your triggers and avoid them and what may work ok for me might not for others. I havent been on the meds you asked about. Hope that helps.

Donna