• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

In remission!!

I've been busy and haven't posted much recently, but wanted to hold out hope for some who are just beginning. I had my annual colonoscopy today, and my Doc said there is no sign of disease.

I've been on Humira since Jan 2012 and on 6MP for the last 12 months. He said I can stop taking the 6MP. That's good news - I was so afraid I'd catch something really bad.

So, for now, anyway, I'm in remission. This is a sneaky disease and I know it can creep up on me again, but I'll take what I can get.

Hi and well done on being in remission. Can I ask if you've had any bad side effects on the 6MP as I think they want to out me on that with Humira too.

I've been busy and haven't posted much recently, but wanted to hold out hope for some who are just beginning. I had my annual colonoscopy today, and my Doc said there is no sign of disease.

I've been on Humira since Jan 2012 and on 6MP for the last 12 months. He said I can stop taking the 6MP. That's good news - I was so afraid I'd catch something really bad.

So, for now, anyway, I'm in remission. This is a sneaky disease and I know it can creep up on me again, but I'll take what I can get.
Wooo! That's awesome! :dance:

You have probably mentioned this somewhere before but do you have Crohns or UC? Also, what else have you been on besides Humira?

Hi and well done on being in remission. Can I ask if you've had any bad side effects on the 6MP as I think they want to out me on that with Humira too.

No, I really didn't have any problem with it. I kind of expected to after what I'd read about it, but I was fine. Now I'm off it entirely, and I'm glad. I did a lot of hand-washing and scrubbing, used the oriental style greeting instead of shaking hands or hugging. It worked, I didn't catch anything. :)