• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

In so much pain everyday

I'm is so much pain lately ...i have a throbbing pain in my right side that goes all the way around to my back it almost feels like my kidneys hurt ...I've had crohns for 14 years I've given up stop my treatments and i now refuse to see a doctor anymore im suffering and have been for years with this pain in my right side ...doctors can never find why i have this pain and ive been through different surgeries but nothing has helped does anyone eles have this problem?! It gets so bad just dont want to carry on

Welcome. I am really sorry for all you are going through. I would not stop your medication. There could be damage going on in your body that you are not aware of. Keep after the doctor until you get results. Everyone is here to support you. Please keep us informed on how you are doing.

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello,

Welcome to the forum

I'm so sorry to hear of your suffering. No one should be made to feel like they should just give up. This illness really takes a toll and doctors don't always understand that, but I would urge you to try and see someone.

That pain could be Crohn's related, but it could also be something like your gallbladder or liver, so it's worth getting checked out again. You are entitled to ask for as many opinions as it takes to get you the answers that you need. Please don't give up.

Many of us here understand the frustration of not being understood by the medical professionals. I personally had to battle for a really long time before I found a team I was happy with. I got called annorexic, got told it was just growing pains, was made out to be exaggerating and even told I was cured after surgery. So I can really relate to feeling like you're banging your head on a brick wall, as will many people here.

If nothing else, they should be able to help you with pain management, which it sounds like you really need right now.

Please don't give up on yourself. You've reached out for support and that's a great start, so don't stop now. Please feel free to post as much as you need to and don't be afraid to vent. We're all in the same boat here and we won't judge you.

It's so frustrating...I've had my appendix out I've had my ovaries taken out which had a chocolate cyst on it...my crohns doctor is a jerk and treats me like a druggie and I've never asked him for any pills ...some days the pain is so intese im throwing up...i don't want any drugs they dont help just make me sick to my stomach...I'm a single mom of 2...i just dont understand how through all the tests I've had done they cant manage to find anything I'm starting to believe it's all in my head..but i sure can feel the pain as soob as my feet hit the floor. I do a lot of praying asking god to heal my pain ,but I still get no relief. I've given up on doctors ...nobody cares it feels like ...so why should I. I struggle just to make it through the day.

It's so frustrating...I've had my appendix out I've had my ovaries taken out which had a chocolate cyst on it...my crohns doctor is a jerk and treats me like a druggie and I've never asked him for any pills ...some days the pain is so intese im throwing up...i don't want any drugs they dont help just make me sick to my stomach...I'm a single mom of 2...i just dont understand how through all the tests I've had done they cant manage to find anything I'm starting to believe it's all in my head..but i sure can feel the pain as soob as my feet hit the floor. I do a lot of praying asking god to heal my pain ,but I still get no relief. I've given up on doctors ...nobody cares it feels like ...so why should I. I struggle just to make it through the day.
Hi Hippie Chick,

Sorry to hear your struggling so much right now. I certainly know how that goes and I also feel like others around me don't understand. It's one of the most frustrating things in the world. As far as it "being in your head", I was told years ago when something like this lasted for months on end it was anxiety. I wasn't really anxious then and certainly am not now (I'm just frustrated in dealing with whatever is going on daily)... When this started happening to me again... I told myself, "well they said it was anxiety before so it'll go away". Over 80 pounds later, seven months into this...it's not gotten better but has seemed to progress. My point in sharing this with you is that it's probably not in your head at all as you most assuringly know and to stick to your merits and get the help you deserve. Nurses hear in the U.S. at least often tell you that you know your body better than anyone else...*The doctors don't seem to always agree with that, however.* Stay strong and hang in there. My thoughts are with you and everyone else on here struggling through this kind of stuff. I hope you find the answers you need and deserve soon.

Hi Hippie Chick,

Sorry to hear your struggling so much right now. I certainly know how that goes and I also feel like others around me don't understand. It's one of the most frustrating things in the world. As far as it "being in your head", I was told years ago when something like this lasted for months on end it was anxiety. I wasn't really anxious then and certainly am not now (I'm just frustrated in dealing with whatever is going on daily)... When this started happening to me again... I told myself, "well they said it was anxiety before so it'll go away". Over 80 pounds later, seven months into this...it's not gotten better but has seemed to progress. My point in sharing this with you is that it's probably not in your head at all as you most assuringly know and to stick to your merits and get the help you deserve. Nurses hear in the U.S. at least often tell you that you know your body better than anyone else...*The doctors don't seem to always agree with that, however.* Stay strong and hang in there. My thoughts are with you and everyone else on here struggling through this kind of stuff. I hope you find the answers you need and deserve soon.
Agree

cmack

Staff member
Welcome Hippie Chic,

I'm really sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad. I think we all have had tough times where it becomes too much, just being sick all the time is no fun. It's okay to be upset sometimes, I think it really helps to discuss what bothers you. These diseases are terrible, and I constantly wish for a cure. You can reach out to me any time to vent, or just talk to all of us on this thread... (pm's are fine with me too). I care about you, just like all the others above.

Best regards,

Chris

I'm is so much pain lately ...i have a throbbing pain in my right side that goes all the way around to my back it almost feels like my kidneys hurt ...I've had crohns for 14 years I've given up stop my treatments and i now refuse to see a doctor anymore im suffering and have been for years with this pain in my right side ...doctors can never find why i have this pain and ive been through different surgeries but nothing has helped does anyone eles have this problem?! It gets so bad just dont want to carry on
New to forum, just saw your post and instantly feel your pain. I've had crohn's for 25+ years. I have had 5 small bowel resections and have been on every drug imaginable. I just recently spent 3 weeks in a pain management class at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. Helped tremendously in getting some form of functionality back in my life. I am a father of 3 yr old twins and find it hard to give them everything I can. I am currently on stelara for 2 yrs with metho. My pain is ever constant from scar tissue and myofacial adhesions. The pain never goes away and never will. I eliminated all types of pain meds and am having pain pump removed shortly. BIGGEST thing I took away from mayo was life in moderation and asking everyone around you for help. I was so use to having two faces, my public and my " behind closed doors"face. Finding the right doctor is extremely important. I've had so many doctors tell me very similar things. Support groups are a must. And you must be honest with your self and let people know what is going on. I realize I have been typing a lot but can tell already there are some supportive cronies on here. Best of luck