• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

In the hospital. Thanks blockage.

Yeah, so mistakes were made and I ended up with a blockage. An NG tube and two attempts to "roto rooter" it out of my stoma and it was finally resolved last night.

Just started fluids again. Solids to come soon.

I hope this is the first and last time I have to deal with this.

nogutsnoglory

Ugh the worst! Sorry to hear but glad it could be resolved less invasively ie: chopchops. What did you eat that blocked you up?

Rest up, feel better and hopefully solid foods soon.

Ugh the worst! Sorry to hear but glad it could be resolved less invasively ie: chopchops. What did you eat that blocked you up?

Rest up, feel better and hopefully solid foods soon.
I feel so much better now. Just did about 6 laps around the hospital floor.

The culprit was black beans, a lot of them, eaten in a rush....

I don't normally have a problem with beans, I black beans are a different beast and I ate a lot of them just a few hours before the problems began. So many lessons learned.

Oh yikes. Yeah I love beans but I puréed them and strain out the peel.
I can actually eat a lot of kidney beans and even lentils, but the skin on black beans seem different. Might not have been a problem if I chewed and maybe didn't eat two cans worth :eek: lol

Won't be having these again in whole form.

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
Beans have caused me issues, they were one of the first thinks I had to cut out when my hernia came back and I started getting blockages. I've only ever felt safe eating them as refried beans.