• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Incidentally diagnosed asymptomatic Crohn's disease: A retrospective cohort study of long-term clinical outcomes

This is kind of how I was diagnosed. I had no symptoms, but was recommended a colonoscopy. Also, the colon prep solution can sometimes lead to decreased diversity, so that could also make IBD worse. I developed symptoms like weeks before the colonoscopy and got worse after the colonoscopy. I've never had another one after the first one, due to my observations of getting so much worse after it.

19 June 2018
A short course of laxatives has long-lasting effects on microbiome
Drugs prompt some gut bacteria to vanish in mice.

This is kind of how I was diagnosed. I had no symptoms, but was recommended a colonoscopy. Also, the colon prep solution can sometimes lead to decreased diversity, so that could also make IBD worse. I developed symptoms like weeks before the colonoscopy and got worse after the colonoscopy. I've never had another one after the first one, due to my observations of getting so much worse after it.

19 June 2018
A short course of laxatives has long-lasting effects on microbiome
Drugs prompt some gut bacteria to vanish in mice.

Paywall!