• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Increasing pain from humira injection

Has anyone had or has increasing pain during and after the humira injection? I am on my 2nd maintenance single dose, and it HURT like a MOFO ( excuse my French):). ! I also had increased soreness on my leg today, it sure has helped my crohns ileitis with inflammatory strictures though. I am worried that it will continue to hurt more each time. I already cry a bit after now! :shifty:
I am so grateful for this forum!

I find the injection pain varies from one time to the next. One thing that helps is to be relaxed.The more relaxed I am, the less it hurts.I also suggest letting the shot warm up. I warm up mine for an hour before injection.

I also let mine warm up. The humira nurse told me they couldn't advise that, but thanks to all of my " crohnies" on the forum I found out about warming it up. It just seemed to hurt a bit more this last time:(

I also let mine warm up. The humira nurse tolThat's funnyd me they couldn't advise that, but thanks to all of my " crohnies" on the forum I found out about warming it up. It just seemed to hurt a bit more this last time:(
That's funny! It was my Humira nurse that told me to do that!.