• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

INFeD

Has anyone tried INFeD?
I have done 7 Venofers and they aren't taking. I saw the hematologist yesterday and she said I had been iron deprived my entire adult life, and maybe part of my childhood too (now 38) and it will take major major iron to get back to a normal level. While my insurance is being run for the pre-authorization they gave me another Venofer in the mean time.

I've read some crazy things about Infed, but apparently she is saying there is a new low molecular weight formulation with a lower side effect profile, and you get 1-2g per dose which is up to 8x the strength of Venofer. They have to pre-medicate me like crazy though - like 6 drugs to prevent a life threatening reaction. Luckily this is a hospital clinic setting so I will be monitored closely and the ER is across the street...hope I don't need it!!!