• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Inflectra concerns

Hello everyone, new to this forum. I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis 30+ years ago and ended up having surgery with a J pouch. Recently I have been having issues with an abscess which turned into a fistula. They put a drain in but it continues leaking. They are now thinking I may have a variation of Crohn’s disease. They are now thinking I may have a variation of Crohn’s disease. They are now about to start me on Inflectra. My worries are that how this may affect me long-term and if it is worth taking. I guess what I’m asking is, are there issues I need to worry about or ask the doctor about before starting it? Thank you.

my little penguin

Staff member
Ds was on remicade (brand version ) when he was 8 without any long term issues . He is now 16
He had a mild allergic reaction to thE drug after 8 months . But he is allergic to foods ,pollens , bees and other drugs so remicade was just another drug allergy in his case
But he had been on biologics over 8 years since .
Humira for over 5 and Stelara for the past 2 years

Never regretted taking biologics

Good luck

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Welcome Memphis to the forum. I've been on Remicade for over 12 years now, still going strong...absolutely the best thing I ever did was start a biologic.