• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Infusion center change and back to school

Today was E's Remicade infusion, and we were at the regular Kaiser adult infusion center for the first time, rather than the children's hospital. Everything went pretty well, starting with the fact that they were willing to schedule her a few days early so that it would be done before school starts this Thursday. The nurses were kind but no-nonsense, which was a good fit for my daughter's personality. They got the IV on the first try, right where we had put EMLA, so that also helped. They have appointments on weekends too--how great is that?

We were in and out today in just 3 1/2 hours (rather than 8 like last infusion).

Things are also going well on the school front. I got an e-mail last week from the new school counselor, letting me know that he would be distributing E's 504 plan to all her teachers this week. The school gave E credit for all of her homeschool work from last semester, so she's at the right level in her Spanish, math, and band classes. She's nervous about going back, but also excited. I'm pretty excited too! :)

Maya142

Staff member
So glad the new infusion center worked well! Hope E has a wonderful year in school :ghug:

It sounds like things went really smoothly....that is always a relief especially as the school year starts. Here's to a smooth new school year!