• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Insurance with IBD

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I was hoping that some of you could share your experiences with getting life insurance. Did you have to pay a hefty premium? Were you often rejected? Any tips you can share?

I am still covered under my parents health plan as a student, but do not have life insurance. I think I will wait at least a year after my surgery (so at least until next april) before attempting to apply, to ensure that my recent surgery is less of a factor.

I am lucky that I am still protected by my parents insurance but have no life insurance. I will probably get that in a few years.

S

Skinsfan1229

I'm confused I thought you were asking about life insurance but then it seemed you were talkng about health insurance in the beginning.

I had life insurance myparents had bought for me as a child, only 10,000 but when I turned 21 it went up to 25,000 and I've called around no one will give me more no matter how much I pay.

Health insurance thats a different story, I'd like to know if thats what you were talking about, I have quite a bit of knowledge about health insurance.