• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Interesting research on Crohns

Bacterial imbalance may play a role in Crohn's disease

Here's another article on fox new about this study. Interesting since nutritionists have been saying that probiotics play a large part in intestinal health, for more than a decade. Finally a fairly large study that actually supports the fact that intestinal bacteria (good & bad) plays a significant part in Crohn's and intestinal health.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/...al-imbalance-may-play-role/?intcmp=latestnews

I myself have been using probiotics for a while now for Crohn's, with positive benefits. Along with Whole Leaf Aloe Vera juice & diet.

I have been consuming probiotics (greek yogurt) per doctor's orders since my 2011 resection. Zero inflammation since.

I have a book on Crohns written by a doctor that states that there is a suspicion that the public water treatment starting about 100 years ago has removed the "friendly" bacteria from our digestive system and does show correlation to the rise of Crohns cases. I do not have public water where I live and I drink spring water whenever possible. Bottled water is not always spring water, if you read the label its source could from a municipal water plant not a spring.