• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Interesting scope results

I'm thinking the LDN is not working for me, or it is taking a long time to kick in! I had a colonoscopy yesterday, and there are some changes. Moderate inflammation of the terminal ileum, and more ulcers, but they are smaller. (Last scope showed 2 large ulcers with little inflammation).
I am going to keep taking the LDN, because there has been a change that really surprised me! I no longer have internal hemorrhoids, and have fewer and smaller diverticula! I don't know that this is due to the LDN, but it's good news, and I'll take any good news. Anyone else on LDN have this happen?

Some other good news is no visible scarring!

I also asked about Candida at my appointment prior to the scope, and I was tested a few months before I started LDN, and did not have an overgrowth, so I can say that hasn't blocked the LDN from working.

The doctor wants me to come in to discuss treatment. He has wanted me on biologics since I was diagnosed, and I am still not inclined to go that route, so I am going to ask about a fecal transplant. I am pretty sure that he will come unglued over that! there is one dr. in the same practice that does FT for c diff, but nothing else.

Hope you all have a great day!

Ak, you didn't say how long you've been on LDN? 12 weeks yet? That looks like the expected time for results.

The FDA has made it very hard for US docs to do FMT for non C. Diff cases, so plan to travel or DIY if you want to go that route.

Thanks, 7vNH. I have been on LDN since late September, so almost 10 months. I am going to keep taking it. I have a Dr. that is willing to order tests for a donor if I decide to try a transplant on my own, and a couple of family members willing to help, so an at home transplant would be my plan. I haven't made a final decision yet. I have been feeling so good that I am going to continue what I'm doing for now. The Dr. report after this scope says mild disease, and two years ago he said severe, so I believe I am headed in the right direction!

SnoozE - when I was diagnosed in 2012 my Vitamin D level was 26 on a reference range of 30-100 ng/mL. It's 66 now. I take 5,000 IU of D3 3x week.