• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Intestinal Th17 Subset is Associated with Inflammation in Crohn’s Disease and Activated by AIEC

kiny

Might as well post the image I made for the other thread, since it keeps referring to IL-23 blockers. Someone mentioned Risankizumab referenced in the study, it's another IL-23 blocker isn't it.

1000×976
125,4 kB

kjljkljkl.jpg

I think the drugs just cut off the inflammatory signal, and suspend the immune system's response, includ Infliximab, Humira, Sttelara and so on. But AIEC is still here. After the drug failure, immune system reactive again, symptoms will return. AIEC is existence and bad for us, even if it doesn't exist in each of us. Eliminate it is beneficial at least. So, we need to eliminate them, especially those hide inside macrophages.

I agree. The silver bullet must be a way of permanently getting rid of the pathogens.
I think it must be a tree step process:

1) get the body in the best possible state: no stress, healthy diet, exercise.

2) knock down the pathogens (AIEC and ??) - with a drug that unfortunately does not exist yet (!) I so hope it will soon.

3) maintain 1) to prevent a condition where reinfection can occur