• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Introduce myself, new to forum

I am a 52 year old female, dx/CD in 1987. Have been on almost all meds. My crohns is severe and now am on Humira. I have been on tysabri, remicade, back to tysbri, they all worked for 3-4 years. The only biological that did not work was cimzia. I started a flair in 12/12 and have been to sick to start humira . Started humira in June 2013 and ended up in hospital w/cdiff and CD flair. Came home finished meds then 8 days later relasped w/cdiff. Back to hospital (you all know the protocol, flagly, vanco, for the second time.) started humira 10-11-13, feeling much better now.

The cdiff was more horrible than any of my CD flairs. I never heard about it until I was diagnosed with it. Everything is going alot better now. I am glad to have found this forum. It is much easier for me to talk about my CD to others that have gone through similar experiences. My family and friends do not understand this disease...thank you all....

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello remismom, welcome to our commity.

I'm sorry to hear you have been so poorly, cdiff is a nightmare for anyone, especially when you also suffer from crohns. I'm so glad to see you are doing better now. How are your crohns symptoms right now?

I am glad you've found us, this is a great place to vent, laugh, cry, share experiences and to ask any and every question you might have. Friends and loved ones can be a great support but it can be very hard for them to understand the pain and frustration that comes with this disease. Everyone here is very friendly and we will all do our best to support you in whatever you need and to answer any questions the best that we can :) .