• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Introducing myself

introducing myself

:sign0144: hello, My name is Nancy and Iam 31 and live in england.
i was diagnosed with Crohn's about 6 months ago. and I have just been told that it has got worse and has spread. i came accross your sight by accident. i really can not come to tearms with the fact I have this horrible and incurable disease.:eek: so after two and half years i was finaly glad to get a diagnosis as to what was wrong with me. Because i had doctors saying that there is nothing wrong with you. So i was at my whits end. and was starting to think that it was all in my head, and may that there was not actualy ANYTHING WRONG WITH ME!

So that is My Story.

Nancy

:sign0144: hello, My name is Nancy and Iam 31 and live in england.
i was diagnosed with Crohn's about 6 months ago. and I have just been told that it has got worse and has spread. i came accross your sight by accident. i really can not come to tearms with the fact I have this horrible and incurable disease.:eek: so after two and half years i was finaly glad to get a diagnosis as to what was wrong with me. Because i had doctors saying that there is nothing wrong with you. So i was at my whits end. and was starting to think that it was all in my head, and may that there was not actualy ANYTHING WRONG WITH ME!

So that is My Story.

Nancy
Hi Nancy! I was diagnosed over 5 years ago and still sometimes have trouble believing I have an incrurable disease. I try to not think about it much and let it get to me though. With that said, it does sometimes get to me...especially when I'm not feeling well. Overall, until 6 months ago I hadn't had any major issues. I traveled, hiked, ran, took cardio kickboxing, and lived mainly like a person without CD...I guess except for the all the pills I was on as well as a medication that was a monthly inject I was giving myself. Since my surgery, I was taken off the meds I was on previously and put on a different 5 ASA that is only 4 pills once a day. That has been going well so far! :) Hang in there! Hope you feel better soon!

David

Co-Founder
Hi Nancy and welcome. I'm so glad you happened across our site :) I feel you on your frustration with being told there's nothing wrong with you. I'm so sorry you had to go through that :(

How are you feeling these days? What medications do they have you on?

I wish you all the best :)

Angrybird

Hello Nancy and welcome to the forum :bigwave: It is very frustrating when made to feel it is all your head, unfortunately it has happened to way to many people here. How are you feeling at the moment? What meds are you on? Is the doc now suggesting something new due to what you have been told recently?

Glad you have joined hun and I hope you can be feeling well soon.

AB
xx