• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Introducing myself

I am 30yo male, I have had stomach issues as long as I can remember, always had that urgent feeling when its time to go to the bathroom, and have been more than regular.
In 2003 had and a bowel movement one night with a fair amount of blood (scary amount).. Had colonoscopy, showed inflamation etc.. No real diagnoses from that. Never really followed, have had constant discomfort in my guts for as long as i can remember, just that feel like you did two many sit ups.. In 2009 I got married, bought a house in 2010, and had my son 2011. Well during all that is when things started to really bother, no so much pain but bleeding and rectal pain with bowel movements.. Follow up with another colonoscopy, told it was crohns like my father, mild case in terminal ileum. Tried Asacol, pentasa, flagyl.. steriods helped with rectal pain, bleeding regularly.. Well my wife has really pushed me to stay on top of things and especially because I bleed regularly, not heavy but pretty much daily..
Well in Dec 2012 I swallowed the camera pill (capsulation test).. The results show significant inflamation, some 61% of my small intestine, and I have no real pain the day of the test.. My gi really wanted me on pentasa but that makes me cramp, and feel bloated like I am carrying a bowling ball, So the want to jump right to humira and that has me a little nervous and scared, again I am normally not in pain, the sit up feeling has just become a normal thing for me. My wife said try the humira, and she's the boss. so i am waiting for that now.. currently on entocort and a few Asacol a day

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Hi Jay, welcome to the forum. We have a Humira sub-forum here that you might want to have a peek at.
http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59

It sounds like your wife is a keeper! As for the Pentasa, does the Asacol affect you in a similar way? I ask because they're basically the same medication with different coatings. Good luck with the Humira, I hope it helps get things under better control. Welcome again! :)

THANKS, Low doses of Asacol and pentasa don't seem to bother much, but any more than 4 a day and I start cramping and bloating and neither one seems to do anything other than make me uncomfortable. Pentasa more so then Asacol.. I have been reading the Humira section for the last couple days definately makes me a little more shall we say accepting of the situation..

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
JAY,
Welcome to the forum. I hope you find the support here that I have found. I have found alot of good friends in the chatrom, hope to see ya there soon.