• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Introducing myself

Just want to introduce myself, since I unfortunately was diagnosed officially February 2013. I'm a 34 year old mom to 9 year old boy/girl twins, and a 5 year old girl. Here's my story.

In January, I had pain on my right side below my hip. When I pressed on it, it hurt. I also woke up with a gnawing pain in my stomach/intestine area a couple of times. I put off going to the Dr. as I thought maybe it was gas etc. After a week and it didn't go away I went in the my Dr. they thought it was maybe a "woman" issue so I was sent for an vaginal ultrasound. After that was found normal they sent me for a cat scan. They didn't tell me much right after the cat scan. I met with my Dr. who then ordered a colonoscopy. Had that and the GI Dr. told me that they couldn't get past a certain part in my intestine even with a pediatric scope. He then wanted me to have a small bowel follow through. After that I was told that I have a stricture and they diagnosed me with Crohn's disease.

I started remicade in March and am on a low-residue diet. I seemed to be doing well but I guess I had a "flare" in July. I had waves of stomach cramps and then proceeded to throw up almost every hour. I decided to go to the ER because I was worried about an obstruction. They put me on predisone which I have now tapered off, and my GI put me on 6mp along with the remicade.

Thanks for reading.

Kylee