• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Introducing myself

Hi. My name is Amanda. I'm a 27 year old mom of 3. I've had stomach problems as long as I can remember. I used to get myself sent home from school when the stomach cramps would start. Used to drive my parents nuts. I think they really thought I just didn't want to use the bathroom at school. I was always paranoid about having accidents, especially after it actually happened at school once. In like 9th grade. Kids can be mean haha. Anyway, I guess I had dealt with it so long I really didn't realize it wasn't normal to feel this way.

Early this year things got worse. I ended up at the ER twice this last February in excruciating pain. I was admitted the second time after passing out on my bathroom floor. They took me for exploratory abdominal surgery where they ended up taking out my appendix and Fallopian tubes trying to find my source of pain. After spending 8 days in the hospital recovering from that I was told they couldn't help me and to get a PCP. I wasn't officially diagnosed with Crohn's disease until May when I had my first colonoscopy and upper endoscopy with the GI my new PCP sent me to.

My Crohn's seems to mostly affect my stomach and small intestines. I just found out I have some new ulcers in the beginning of my small intestine. I'm currently taking prednisone, nexium, and hyoscyamine. They don't seem to do a whole lot to combat the nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. I'm right at the start of another flair waiting to hear back from my PCP and GI on what we are doing next. I don't seem to be able to eat very much at the moment. Everything I eat seems to make me sick. I've lost 60 lbs so far this year. I'm frustrated, and feel a bit alone. It's hard to talk to people that can't understand, so I am looking forward to getting to know some of you. :)

Last edited:

scottsma

Hi Amanda and welcome to the forum.We're sorry you have to be here of course,but you've come to the right place for advice,support and friendship.Lots of people can empathise with you and I'm sure someone will be along soon to chat with you.In the meanwhile I hope you get your diagnosis and meds sorted soon,so you can at least start to feel comfortable.Best Wishes.

Hi Amanda
Welcome to the forum. I just joined yesterday and so far everyone had been so nice and just helpful. I know all to well about leaving school in high school. My school nurse knew my parents work phone and cell phones by heart but the end of my senior year. None of my friends had any clue how to talk to me about it or even approach in if I ever brought it up in talking to them. For me that was the worse part about all of it was being "alone". I spent a good part of the last 8 years in the hospital and have surgeries due to my Crohns. I found this forum trying to find out what was going on 2 days ago with my stomach. These people know all to well what we deal with every day and how to help us. The one thing I was told today was to enjoy the good day and the good because we deal with a lot of bad. I know your kids bring you joy so don't let this change that because once that happens its hard to get it back. We are all here to lift you up and make sure you know that there are people out there who really do know what your dealing with.
All the Luck,
Nick Simmons