• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Introducing Myself

Hello all!

I'm relatively new to Crohn's, but not IBD - although so far I've been pretty fortunate.

It all started (on a dark and stormy night? :smile:) in 2006 when I got UPPP surgery for sleep apnea. Post-op I was on amoxycilin which pushed me to an outbreak of c-diff. During the 2 weeks I spent in the hospital, I was diagnosed with UC and put on Lialda, which controlled it very well. About a year later, my doctor tested and confirmed that I carry the HLA-B27 gene, which can cause IBD and lower back and hip pain and we determined that the c-diff basically triggered the gene and now I have all that.

Fast forward to last year when I had a sudden outbreak of rectal bleeding, severe pain, weakness, and anemia. It took a couple months to get a scope and realize that I actually had Crohn's. I was given Prednisone that day, and my symptoms subsided immediately and then was put on Humira for long-term control. Everything was great until the last couple weeks. I think I'm headed into another flare, which is what brought me here! :thumleft:

As far as the rest of my life: I'm a web application programmer by day and roller derby referee by night. My username is also my derby name.