• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Introduction

Hi all I'm Sandi, a little bit about myself, I'm a mum of 3 plus 3 grandkids... I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in August this year at first they thought I had ulcerative colitis, had my first colostomy op in July, ended going back in after an infection set in, the infection was to far gone so had to have my large colon removed, I now live with 3 bags attached to my tum, today I've learnt I'm going to have another major op to reduce the bags down to one :ysmile:

:welcome: Sandy, hello and I am so glad you've found us. I'm feeling a bit of nostalgia as I first joined the forum on New Year's Eve two years ago - I can't believe how quickly that time seems to have passed.
It sounds like you have been through such a lot in such a short time. It must be a lot to get your head and heart around. I'm sorry to be so curious, but I have heard of people having two bags, but three? Anyway, it's great that that won't last.
I hope you'll be as happy here as I have been. There's a wonderful bunch of people here who are always ready to offer comfort, support and a few laughs.
Happy New Year and all the best for 2013 x

afidz

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum Sandy!
Thats great news about the upcoming surgery! What a relief that news must have been! This is a great communtiy, hope you find as much comfort in it as I, and I am sure several others have!

Hello Helen,
I have two lleostomy bags, plus because I've not got a bowel any more they brought my fistula (sorry don't know the correct spelling) to the front so that's where the extra bag comes in play, it's a pain changing 3 bags at shower times. Thank you for welcoming me to the site, been looking for ages for other suffers to chat to.

Sandi x

Thank you Afidz, yes it's great news about surgery but to be honest it's happening to fast for me to take it all in.

Sometimes fast is better; it doesn't give you time to stress too much about it. Do you have a date for the op yet?

Hi Susan,
No won't find out the date until the 16th Jan, they were talking of doing it in August this year but told them no, as I've a holiday booked that we had to miss out last year because of the ops.