• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Iron Supplement?

Can anyone recommend a truly non-constipating Iron supplement? My Daughter has been battling low iron, (now at 10), for years, but always ends up with serious constipation with any iron supplement we've tried.

Her Crohn's has always caused constipation, not diarrheah. That could be why.

Our GP and GI are both against iron infusions, so that's out. I did look up a couple that profess to be non-sonstipating, but we've tried others before that said that and weren't.

nogutsnoglory

I'm curious about the opposition to iron infusions? They eliminate much of the side effects and are delivered fast. I only take IV iron at this point.

Tesscorm

Staff member
I'm going to tag Kimmidwife , she uses a liquid iron supplement that I believe was very easy to tolerate... I just can't remember the name now...

I'm going to tag Kimmidwife , she uses a liquid iron supplement that I believe was very easy to tolerate... I just can't remember the name now...
Thanks Tess,

Just an update, decided to try ironsmart, by Lorna Vanderhague. Not sure if it will do as it claims, but states non-constipating, and she does have a very popular line of supplements. We'll see what happens.