• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Is Entyvio Effective At Treating Crohn's Flares?

Is it effective at treating Crohn's flare-ups? I know it has been found to be effective for UC flare-ups, what about Crohn's?

From what I have read and from my own experience with it, I find its effectiveness for treating moderate to severe Crohn's questionable

From everything I have read, observed and been told by our GI it is about 37% effective with Crohn's and most effective treating Crohn's in the colon. It takes a LONG time to become effective. There is a chance those numbers are low because many people abandon treatment before it is able to fully kick in. It took my nephew 6 months for Entyvio to start working. He had failed all other meds and next step was surgery so he was willing to wait and luckily it worked out for him.

My daughter is in her 10th week and so far has ben admitted 4 times for the same flare so it isn't touching her colonic disease but we are still hoping.

Crohnsinct, thank you for sharing. I have also read numerous times that entyvio can take a long time to work, and the patients should wait for six months before deciding it doesn’t work. I hope it will work for your daughter too.