• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Is it safe to bleach/dye my hair on Remicade?

Hi! I'm 16 and I was diagnosed with fistulating crohns back in December. I have experienced no side affects on Remicade that I can notice (yay!) and recently I've been considering bleaching my hair. I wanted to know if anyone has had problems with hair dye/bleach whilst on Remicade? Thank you for your time!

Lady Organic

Staff member
i'd suggest try only a small spot few days prior to doing your hole head. We never know how we can react to chemicals on the scalp/skin. thats actually what we should do with any cream or lotion we put on for the first time. its best to have a small rash in case of an allergic reaction than a full body rash!!! bleaching must be pretty toxic. I personally have become very anti-chemicals for my body, but im an extremist! I'd suggest to go in a health store and ask for the best natural approach to dye hair, they may have some interesting possiblities.