• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Is there a link between Crohn's and RLS?

I've been experiencing Crohn's like symptoms for over 4 months now. Diarrhea, nausea, gas, bloating, cramps, joint pain, headaches, mental fog, confusion, fatigue, dizziness, spontaneous bleeding, easy bruising and weight loss. My gp thinks it's Crohn's and did blood and stool tests. I was due to see her today but I'm stuck in a flood. My whole life I've shown restless leg syndrome symptoms. I kick and punch while I'm asleep and while I'm trying to get to sleep I twitch and jerk. Could this be restless leg syndrome and is there a link?

Good chance you are deficient in Magnesium.

I would get some Magnesium malate or citrate and take it daily.

Good luck.

Dan

Sometimes you need more than what the average person does, due to our disease and absorption problems. I read once someplace that a little, if you are severely deficient, can be worse than none at all.

Don't know if that's true or not but it is a pretty safe supplement. I take more than the recommended amount with no problems.

Dan

Restless legs can also be caused by a B12 deficiency, low ferritin (iron) levels and general anemia. You should defiantly ask them to do some lab work.