• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Is There a Way to Donate Unused Humira?

I just received a three month supply of Humira when I was taken off of it because my immune system was destroying it before it could do anything for me. I have called all of my doctors offices but they either don't have the fridge space or due to policy cannot take them. I would hate to throw them away, because I lost insurance a year ago and couldn't afford the medication but was able to stay on it because someone donated their Humira to my doctor after they were taken off. I want to pay it forward, and tossing such a valuable medication just seems wrong. I know it's illegal to give it to another person directly, but are there any programs that I can donate them to so someone who needs it but can't afford it can have it?