• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Is there an IBS forum on here somewhere?

My surgeon today suggested I may have IBS. Where's the best spot to post about IBS? I didn't notice a spot on this forum devoted to IBS. Is there a particular reason for that? As I understand it, IBD'ers constitute the majority of IBS patients. I'd like to correspond with folks who do have IBS to understand their experience in terms of what the symptoms are and their experience in treating it.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi Mark! :) No there really isn't a specific section for IBS. Its a term not many like to hear because often times it feels like our symptoms just get written off as IBS when really it very could be our IBD.

There's a new feature on the forum where people can make their own support groups. http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=47995 I think making one for IBS is definitely a good start and if we find that there's enough members then it may eventually be made into another subforum and have its very own section.

If you don't want to make it then let me know and I (or anyone else who would like to) can start one. :) Making it in General Discussion should be fine.

nogutsnoglory

One can have IBD and IBS, they are not mutually exclusive unfortunately. That being said, IBS is often what many people think we have when in fact IBD is a much more serious condition that can involve surgery.