• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Is this an abscess?

Okay, for the last two days it's hurt bad in the perinium area. I thought maybe it was from "fun" with my fiance but i discovered that there is a swelling and kinda hard bump. It's right at the end where from my first daughter I was cut and sown back. its about the size of my thumb/quarter and hurts like hell.
Is this an abscess? Should I go to the ER? I have no insurance still and I don't know what to do.:( I thought whatever was wrong would have been gone but it still there and hurts... Sorry for all the details, i just have no idea whats going on.

akanderson! OMG. I never even noticed this post. I know this is necro, but I'm going to reply anyways. That absolutely sounds like an abscess! Go to the ER, or call your doc (if you have one)...

Gah. I am so sorry I missed this. It appeared as "old post" but then I noticed it only had one reply.