• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Is this mucus? - Bit graphic poop question.

Hi! I'm 21 year old male, and this is my first post/thread. I've been diagnosed with Crohn's since the end of September, but I've had like 3 flares, which lasted for like 4-7 days each, in the past like 4 years. Since September, I'm taking 3 500mg Salofalk tablets a day and I'm feeling well, I don't have diarrhea, blood in my stool or abdominal pain. I'm eating quite good as well, I'vfe started a healthy and Crohns-friendly diet since my diagnosis. One thing which concers me though is the presence of mucus or mucus like bits in my stool. This has been present in the past 1 and a half month, in like 7 out of 10 of my stools. Other than that my stool is shaped, and not diarrhea like.
I will link this graphic picture right here - I apologize in advance for it's being so graphic, but could you confirm if this looks like mucus? Should I be concerned? I haven't taken any probiotics or anything like that just the Salofalk. I don't really want to try heavier meds yet, since besides this problem, I'm feeling quite well. I visit my GI in February. So any answers, for my questions, suggestions, oppinions would be very much appreciated. PS. Sry i left this one out might be important, that I went quite hard with the sugar before this stool, and this is probably the worst looking one in like 3-4 weeks. But no matter how well I eat a little bit of this green mucus like thing is present.
Thank You!

link