• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Is this my only option?

Hello!

I haven’t been active on the forum in some time but I’ve been having some issues recently and know that the advice I received here was always really good.

I suffer a lot with pain in the anal area, and the skin around it is very compromised and had scarring and skin tags from previous tears etc. I also have haemorrhoids and when going to the toilet, something comes down and out- not sure if it’s my bowel itself or a large haemorrhoid. My GI has basically said that there isn’t anything he could do surgically as the area would unlikely heal, but I feel I need a second opinion. I’m in my 20s and it makes it difficult to fully maintain hygiene if I were to use the bathroom outside my home as it normally requires me having a shower each time (it hurts too much to constantly wipe). I also think it makes going to the toilet harder because there’s essentially something that is blocking it.

Over the past few days it has become worse as I think I’ve got a new tear and I’ve put up with this for years as I’ve always just taken his word that I shouldn’t mess with it. But it’s no way to live and does affect my self-esteem, and it’s sore- all of the time!

Any advice I would greatly appreciate and look forward to hearing from you all!