• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Issues in the morning? Drink water...

I have always had issues with my bowels in the AM in particular. I recently discovered something that I believe may be helping with this problem. I read a magazine article in which a supermodel (I forget which one) said the first thing she does every morning is drink a glass of water to wake up her digestive system. I have been doing this every morning for the last month and it actually may be helping. I'm not saying it's a miracle cure, but I have noticed an improvement in the frequency and consistancy of my morning bowel movements. I guess it makes sense if you think about it hydrating all of those sluggish cells. It's the first thing I do when I wake up every morning. I usually wait at least an hour before I eat breakfast or drink my coffee. Does anyone else do this?

I drink a large bottle of water on the way to work each morning (before breakfast). My system is plenty awake by then, though. It usually wakes ME up.

I usually wake with a very dry throat and sometimes a strange taste in my mouth, and usually have tea and toast straight away.

I find mornings are the worst time-I go 3 times within an hour, then go 6-8hrs without the need to go again?!

Think I'll trial this just to see if it makes a difference.

First thing I do every morning is drink 12oz of water.
Just think not only does water every morning hydrate those dry sluggish cells as stated but also acts as a cleansing agent making all the matter in our colon softer and easier to eliminate.