• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

It feels like broken glass

I had been feeling pretty good recently, until about 2 weeks ago. Now, periodically throughout the day (and sometimes night) I get a sharp pain in my lower right quadrant. It feels like there is broken glass passing through my insides. It goes away fairly quickly, usually in under a minute. But it is intense. I worry sometimes it will happen when I'm driving. Also, I've started having more loose stools.

I see my doctor next week, but I just want to see if this is something others have experienced, and if they had any short term ways to alleviate it.

I'm currently on mercaptopurine, 100mg/day.

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
I too get a similar pain occasionally but not something that would knock me over or prevent me from driving. It usually means I am flaring or I just ate something a while earlier that my gut does not agree with during digestion.

I'm glad you got your doc appt set up. Hopefully you two can figure out a way to handle the pains and I hope its not the onset of a flare. Fingers crossed.

:hug: