• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

It feels so normal now

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
So this morning I was feeling queasy (I've been lightheaded and a bit dizzy on and off for a few days now). Threw up once or twice and then left for my class. Got to campus, threw up another four times. Dosed myself with more ginger (and breath spray!), re-did my makeup, and taught class. I don't think anyone would have guessed a thing. And I had a great time in class! It's absolutely hilarious to me that this doesn't seem out of the ordinary any more. It's like a whole new skill: how to be violently ill and have nobody find out. If you're a Survivor fan, I believe Phillip would call this STEALTH.

Cheers!

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Oh yeah....been there, done that!.....also used to go to work, would have to take breaks and 'hide' while doubled over in pain - thankfully at the time I was working for a wholesaler and could hide out in stock rooms or empty aisles in the stores I worked in!

It is amazing how when you finally feel good - and look back and see how truly horrible you were feeling- and how normal it seemed at the time!

I've thrown up at work before, brushed my teeth and went on with my day like it were nothing. Those are the easy flare ups. Not the ones that land me in the hospital.

I feel you... I'm able to feel like complete crap and completely hide it, and no one can tell!

And Phillip was sure one crazy man...

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
I've thrown up at work before, brushed my teeth and went on with my day like it were nothing. Those are the easy flare ups. Not the ones that land me in the hospital.
Yes, I think a toothbrush needs to go into my teachery bag. I only work on campus for an hour (well, 80 minutes) a day right now so I didn't have one with me.

Josh: Uh huh! The Undercover Operator needs to never, ever appear on Survivor again.

I know what you mean. I was taking Paracetamol to get me through work/the day and blaming my endless toilet visits on too much tea, but permanently attached to my hot water bottle when I was at home to ease the pain. My 25 year old operation scar on my tummy is red again - I think I must have burnt it. But I'm still addicted to the hot water bottle. It's taking me a while to get used to being almost pain free.

Know exactly what you mean. Throw up at work often and then go right back to taking care of patients. Co-workers often joke and ask if I am pregnant!(funny because I am male). Thank god for ondansetron, it works awesome for nausea but is expensive. Zofran is the other name