• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

It has a name!

:lol2: To My New Family of Friends: Since joining this lovely forum, I have obviously noticed how ya'all have named your stomas. I have been going back and forth and to and fro trying to come up with a suitable name. I thougt I'd let you know because it's funny--and we all need to laugh or at least get a good grin on preferably more often than not! Last night while emptying my bag, my 9 year old son asked some very good questions on how the ileostomy works, etc. He then looked at the stoma and said, "Oh it's pretty cool---it looks like a little cherry." Wellll, since I have a friend named Cherry, I didn't think it quite appropriate to call it Cherry. So I googled different kinds of cherries, and no name really reached out and grabbed me. Sooooo, I think Blossom Danae the stoma is pretty! Blossom it is! I'm proud to have my Blossom for sure----and it will give me a new lease on life. Knowing that it may sound kinda corny---I'm happy to be here! I'm sure you of all people understand my saying that--because when you are acutely sick or chronically sick---it's bliss to feel good! (Although my butt still hurts like hell--LOL had to complain--ready to get the sutures out in 2 days fo' shore!) TTYL! :ywow: Thanks for being here! Snap (Dana)

Jessi

That's a great name!

I do believe it's the first feminine name I've heard for a stoma.

:D

Dusty will be tickled.

:heart: Is love Blossoming on the Stoma Subforum? Are we in for a bit of Stomance? :wub: Your story has tickled me too :)
Helen Cherry

You peoples are CRACK ups!

:ybatty: OHHHHH I am sooo laughing. You're all so funny. Thinking about gettin a tattoo on my belly---ya know something that will go with My Blossom and a big vertical incision from above belly button to pubic bone. Better wait until next year for that one. :rof: Dana

Oh I think Blossom is quite a good name for your stoma! ! I remember watching a documentary one night about volcanos and such. That's how I came up with mine..... MT.Vesuvius. It can erupt at any time and spout all over the place. With no warning. Hah!

In public I only ever refer to it as "the stoma" because that's how my scientific male mind works :)

But sometimes in private I call it "the worm" as in the wriggly worm it often resembles :wink:

I'm glad I'm not the only one to name my new little friend.
I've named mine Berry.
I was trying to help my grandma visualize what my stoma looks like and I told her it looked a bit like a strawberry, thus Berry was born.

maria

I love you God.
:lol2: To My New Family of Friends: Since joining this lovely forum, I have obviously noticed how ya'all have named your stomas. I have been going back and forth and to and fro trying to come up with a suitable name. I thougt I'd let you know because it's funny--and we all need to laugh or at least get a good grin on preferably more often than not! Last night while emptying my bag, my 9 year old son asked some very good questions on how the ileostomy works, etc. He then looked at the stoma and said, "Oh it's pretty cool---it looks like a little cherry." Wellll, since I have a friend named Cherry, I didn't think it quite appropriate to call it Cherry. So I googled different kinds of cherries, and no name really reached out and grabbed me. Sooooo, I think Blossom Danae the stoma is pretty! Blossom it is! I'm proud to have my Blossom for sure----and it will give me a new lease on life. Knowing that it may sound kinda corny---I'm happy to be here! I'm sure you of all people understand my saying that--because when you are acutely sick or chronically sick---it's bliss to feel good! (Although my butt still hurts like hell--LOL had to complain--ready to get the sutures out in 2 days fo' shore!) TTYL! :ywow: Thanks for being here! Snap (Dana)
I like it!!!:rosette1: haha my son said mine looked like a strawberry:strawberry:
Great name choice:)