• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Itching while on imuran?

I've been on imuran for a little over a year now at 100mg. Since the beginning of this year, every month I get super itchy mostly on my arms/legs but no rash. Super frustrating because I'm 23, starting a new job soon and never change anything in my diet or home life such as detergent, shampoo and body wash etc. is it the imuran? Not sure what to do but I can't keep doing this for forever. My dermatologist and obgyn think I should go on a biologic anyway to be safer. Its hard to get answers because without a rash my GP and GI have no idea whats causing it and my blood work and liver panel look good! Just looking for advice on what to do and if this has happened to others and if I should switch to a biologic like humira? Thank you!

DJW

Forum Monitor
How often do you get blood work?
Is everything good there?

I get it sometimes. Benadryl takes care of it. My blood work is good.

How often do you get blood work?
Is everything good there?

I get it sometimes. Benadryl takes care of it. My blood work is good.
I get it done every 6 months. But got it retaken recently because of the itching and he added a liver panel. Everything was good!

fuzzy butterfly

Hi byrn09 have you tried antihistamines,I guess you probably have..but if not check with doc if they may help ? Good luck with getting it sorted out..