• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Itching!

Does anyone know what might cause chronic itching? I've had it for the last 3 weeks on my chest. At first I thought it was from dry skin so for the last few weeks I've been using lotion, using soap less liberally and not blasting hot water directly on my chest when I'm in the shower but it's still going on. I'm been getting Remicade infusions since March and I'm taking prednisone right now but I'm tapering off of it with this Tuesday being my last day. Anyone know what might cause this? I've read that itching is a sign of Lymphoma and that Lymphoma is a possible side effect of Remicade but I've only been taking it since March like I said and I wouldn't think that would be long enough to develop serious side effects like that.

I'll frequently notice a red patchy area on my shoulders which makes me think it's like a rash or from dry skin. I know if full well could still be from one of those but was curious if it might be a side effect of medicine or something else. My skin doesn't usually itch this bad in winter and I've been using lotion, humidifier... the whole nine yards.

Next shot is in 4 weeks, I've been on it since March but 4 weeks ago I got a 7.5mg ratio instead of the 5mg/kg I was getting.