• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

It's back i think

Hi
just found this site the other day so i am new to this, i was told in 83 i had crohns after losing 4 units of blood from my rectum doctor thought i had a bad case of piles so got a bood test rushed into hospitail and given the news as a 15 year old you dont take it in anyway after a urgent blood transfussion i got all the tests to confirm my corhns. i was put on asacol and iron tabs and predisol enemas now thats a shock for a 15 yr old to have to do that well all has gone fine fornthe last 30 odd yrs but i think it cuaght ip with me k ow same sympyoms are back so i think its back to the doctors again. got pain in my left side sore joints and itchy skin and constapation now thats new on me. .

thanks for reading this and i hope to talk soon

pat

Welcome to the forum, Pat. Let us know how your dr. appt goes. I think it is awesome that you have been able to keep CD at bay with asacol for so long!! Keep us updated!

Angrybird

Hello Pat and welcome to the forum :)

I am sorry to hear that the tum has now acted up again on you after all this time. Have to you got an appt booked with the doc or is this something you are trying to get sorted? I would expect that they may want to do some up to date tests and maybe scopes so can check on how things are inside - out of interest have you had any regular check ups with the docs over the last few years?

AB
xx

hi angry bird

no apptments was told by the hospital as my symtoms were doing so good just keep doingwhat i was doing but hey thats life

pat

well just been to the doctors he had a good prod and poke and that was before the rectal exam lol so he has put me on prednisolone 5mg. got to take 30mg a day and go back next thursday to find out the results of my blood tests. not having a good run up to xmas.

pat

afidz

Super Moderator
I am sorry to hear that you might be flaring again, its awesome to hear that you went 30 years symptom free!
Hopefully the prednisone kicks in soon and you start feeling relief. Does your GI want to do any scopes or anything? Hopefully you caught this flare early and there isn't too much damage and you can kick it back into remission soon! Let us know how the next appointment goes!

just got the call i go to the hospitail on the 2nd of jan to see doc for more tests, so iam hoping we have caught in time and i am back doing well again.

thank for the msg and i will keep you all in the loop

pat

just been xmas shopping in london feet hurt hips hurt arms hurt oh and tummy hurts too but not as bad as my feet and hips does anyone else burt after long walks

pat

Angrybird

Joint pain can occur with crohn's especially when it's active, when you next see the doc it my be worth asking them to check your vitamin levels, especially you vitamin D. Alternatively it might be the pred but I am wondering if it would have had enough time to kick in to cause this type of issue.

i have the hip pain before only just started putting it with CD it my feet hot and itchy as are my hand hope it just a bit of bad circulation easying off now as iam laying down. thanks for the help if i go on to much just say

pat

bad day today got lots of pain in my left hand side just waiting for it to kick off doctors thursday hospital on the 2nd cant wait. have a great xmas everone

just sitting waiting to go to my GP to get my blood results from last week. been o pred since friday think i have sleep a few hours but it has helped my symtoms no more constapition just lots of wind and tummy sounds. .

hve fun pat

great news bloods were good no inflamtion or infectionsstill got a tender tummy area and pain but will find out more pn the 2nd of jan so thats took a lot off my mind.

pat

its time for a laugh me and the wife thought it would be to take the kids to pictures so off e went kids got popcorn i hadca treat of natchos and cheese i know bad move but hey watched the movie got to the end and got that feeling we all know to well so i thought just pop to the loo. anyway kids wanted mcdonolds so i had a water then that feeling again went to to the gents one cubicle and that was busy so i waitied and waitied then as we all know it gets to that point so in i went did what i had to then looked for the paper and yes you guessed all out
. so i had to call the wife and get my son to bring me in some paper napkins lucky she had her phone.
so i then asked a member of staff for a loo roll for the gents ( yes sir no problem i will get it sorted )off she went came back up and then she rememberd i was in the gents i had to change the loo roll. another da6 in the my life

you have to laugh

pat

Angrybird

You couldn't make it up hun, I have learnt the hard way to carry a pack of tissues in my bag now whenever I go out. I hope the film was good at least.

Angrybird

I have not been on this myself so could not advise,it may be worth checking checking out the sub forum for this in our treatment section to see what the folks here have to say.

How was your Christmas?

good thanks stayed of the booze had some stuff i should not have ie veg and pickly but it was worth it. hope your was good

pat

thats good. might have ro call the GPs i never got these side affects before so a bit strange i am getting them now. . anyway it keeps me on my toes, i hope all is well with you and your looking foward to next year

pat

Angrybird

Hope your able to get in touch with the docs tomorrow hun. I think now xmas is done the next few weeks will fly by and before I know it the little piglet will be here - I cannot wait! !! :)

well i went to hospital yesterday took the wife along for support as i have been worried due t9 side effects. got to the hospital got weighed 113kg then got called through thought i would see the consultent as i had been not seen by her for z few years but no got to the nurse she checked my wee got some sugar in it oh but dont worry then we had a chat told her what happening told that must be the pred said it started before the pred and just after i started back on asacol she asked about my poo and my family. i thought maybe she might have a feel of my tummy but was told i would have to come back in a few months for tests the old cam up me bum you never know i might enjoy it lol so dtill worrying

pat

Angrybird

So she decided to leave things med wise? When do you now next have an appt? I think I mentioned this before but did your vitamin levels ever get checked? It doesn't seem like the appt was very helpful for you. Are you able to get in contact with the team at the hospital to see if it is possible to actually see your doc so you can have a proper chat about how things are for you?

all the meds were left as is she just wonderd why my GP had put me on pred next app is 4 months but 8 have to have bloods before then also waiting for the app for my funtime with the cam. i think it wss the way evertime i said about the aaacol it was met with the no it cant be that

pat

constapation is better now go at least once aday still get the aches and the itchy skin but can put up with that:ysmile:

pat

i hope your well and getting ready for the life changing arrival

Angrybird

Things are still good thanks, the piglet is doing lots of rolls now and makes my entire belly move which looks really weird. The nursery is nearly complete and I only have a couple of more things to buy and a ton of washing do to.

I know I keep on about it but do get you vit levels checked as I wonder if a deficiency is causing the aches and itchy skin.

i did ask was there a good vit to take as i was not eating much fruit and veg i was told to try and eat more fruit and veg as this would help with my constapation i am getting a full blood check this month so i hope that might pick that up

pat

Well i thought it was time for an update came off the pred ok still got some spots but nothing much else have had loads of blood tests nothing to worry about had a colonoscapy noth to see but they took loads of biopsis had not probs with that but had a bleex whent to the GPs was told to wait and see got worse so i went to A&E was admitted poked and proded and told i was to have a poo and it wojld we be checked had a poo no blood fantaatic i thought but i had to go before i left had some blood so i was told to see the doc but she said just go home and rest whivh i did but still bleeding got the GPs tomorrow again lets hope he has some news

pat

Angrybird

I do wonder whether the Asacol is really the med to keep things settled and if something stronger is needed.... I hope tomorrow you will have some better info on what is happening, please let me know on how you get on.

Also I have now had the little piglet, Nicholas arrived on Tues 26/02 weighing 7lb 10oz. We have been home a couple of days and we are both doing well.

congrats on the new arrival hope all is going swell and your both fit and well as a dad of two i know what lays in store he he. have fun and keep the smile on your face xx

pat