• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

It's just how I feel (being undiagnosed)

Hi - I just watched this. I am sorry you feel alone and that nobody believes you. We've had our share of doubters too (doctors & family) - which is why I cherish our GI. He believes Danny is sick and humbly admits he does not know why. I know my son is sick and do not doubt him at all ... I know it must be a horrible feeling!

Any update on the medical front? (were you tested for Addison's? if so, what test did they do? Any rheumi?)

Thanks

Hello dannysmom! :) It is hard that doctors don't believe me, but I just went to my primary care doctor again (haven't been since like 5 years ago lol) because the mayo clinic said to go back to her to see what she thinks. and she actually is investigating a lot with all my tests and symptoms. She has this week off and is actually working on 'my case' on her week off! that's dedication! She even called me personally and talked to me for like 20 minutes. She believes me, and it almost makes me wanna cry because she really truly understands my frustration with all this. She still thinks it's crohn's even though the mayo clinic were quick to say it's not. but she is open minded about a lot of other things too. i was tested for addison's by the mayo clinic with the morning cortisol level test and it was normal. so they didn't want to pursue any other addison's tests.
I'm just glad my primary care doctor is trying to help! :) it makes me so happy! :)

I hope your son is doing okay right now, I definitely feel for him. Keeping him in my thoughts!

ekay03

My dog has hands!
SunshineSmile. I believe you!! I was EXTREMELY fortunate to get a quick dx. Doctors can be mean even with a dx. It must be terrible for you and you stay so upbeat! I feel like I am saying the wrong thing I dont know the correct words. Just I believe you!! And I hope you get some answers soon!! And your vid. Well done! Moving! I hope you get relief.

I love your video! You are not alone, as so many people go through things like you are now. I did, and my sister has a different illness but has stuggled to get diagnosis for years.
You just have to stay strong and hang in there, keep fighting! Its not right to feel like you do and there is someone out there who will help you :)
I find it interesting how people do different things to get their word out and help people to understand how they feel, and to help themselves understand too. Like you and your video, me and my sister both write blogs.
Good luck with everything! x x x

Well, Sunshine, I am sitting here, at my desk, at work, bawling my eyes out, because of your video, your pain, your courage and your strength. You know I believe you, we all do, stay strong, pray and don't give up. We are all here for you!! :kiss:

Thank you so much everyone, I started making videos because I thought it would help get the word out for undiagnosed patients like myself. I'm so glad you all like it! I get so upset when I'm talking to my undiagnosed friends on here and see that doctors treat them so badly or that they don't believe us, and lately because of my undiagnosed friends and what they have gone through and what i have gone through so far, I just got the courage to make videos. Never in my wildest dreams did I think to make videos! But, I'm doing it for people like us who are undiagnosed. :) I really appreciate your feedback, it made me smile! :) Like I said at the end of the video, We will be okay because God is taking care of us, He got us in this, and He will get us through this. :)
Hope you all have a good day!! <3