• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Its my first time so be gentle........

My first post to the forum so thought this should be the best place to start......

My name is Andrew, I am from Cornwall (SW England), now live in California. I got diagnosed with Crohns in 2005 after stomach pains, diahrea, blood in stool. etc etc. Dr put me on Pentasa. I hadnt seen the dr since I was diagnosed as everything seemed ok. I started to feel kinda crappy early this with some stomach pains and my abdamon was very sensitive to touch or presure.

While in OK for training in Novemeber I developed an abscess about the size of a baseball which was caused by my crohns acting up. spent 5 days in the hospital, had sugery to put in a drain for the abscess. Felt great for the couple weeks after I was out and on the antibiotics but then it all went down hill when i stopped them. Very bad cramping and pains, vomiting and diahrea for a couple days. I saw a new specialest Dec 26th (cos my old one sucked). He is planing on putting me on Remicade at some point. the sooner the better. Had a bunch of blood tests done the same day and have CT scan on Wednesday and Colonoscopy Jan 16th. I go back to see the dr on wed after the CT scan, I hoping things look good so I can start getting back to being healthy again.

Hey andrew,
That sucks! but i hope your doctor gives you good news. But if he doesnt don't worry to much a lot can be done. Anyways keep us posted on what happens. All the best :)

Hey English, welcome to the forum. So glad you've found us. There is a lot of support and information to be found here; as well as, guidance and a great ear for listening.
I hope your new doctor helps you out, works through the options of treatment and takes an active role.
Do hope you feel better soon and get control of the plaguing symptoms.
Are you currently taking any medications? Did the doc test your vitamin levels in your bloodwork panel? Are you thinking of a list of questions to discuss with him regarding where you feel like your symptoms are? Listen to your body, it can tell you a lot :).
Best of luck to you. Thoughts and prayers.
Keep us updated n how you're doing. -hugs-